FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of the most commonly asked and answered questions about Rockend SMS. If you have any question regarding our service which does not appear on the list below, feel free to contact our friendly support team.
Rockend SMS is made up of three message sending products.
Sending messages from your Rest Professional, Strata Master or Clarke property management software – click here to view manuals on sending messages from this system.
EmailSMS/OMS – the ability to quickly and easily send messages from your Outlook. Find out how to use EmailSMS/OMS, click here to view the EmailSMS/OMS Manual.
OnlineSMS – login via www.rockendsms.com.au and send or schedule bulk messages, view traffic and delivery reports and lots more. For a detailed manual on sending from your OnlineSMS account click here.
1. Check that settings in your Company Details are correct – click here.
2. Check your email inbox for any email errors – Anyone wishing to send messages will need to have their default sending email address registered on their Rockend SMS account. Account Administrators can add users by logging into Rockend SMS at www.rockendsms.com.au and accessing User Management. Otherwise you can send your new user requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contact Edgility for Rockend SMS support – click here
1. Check to ensure that your are using the correct arrears template in Rest Professional or that your template is in the correct format.
To do this, you can access your templates in server > name > RESTWord. Here is a sample of a correct template – click here
2. Your REST SMTP details could be incorrect.
To test this go to OTHER > UTILITIES > SYSTEM OPTIONS > SMTP (you will need to have everyone out of REST in order to do this test).
On the left hand side, ensure that your SMTP details are correct. To ascertain that this is the problem, UNCHECK the “use SMTP email for statements and creditor remittances” checkbox.
Save these settings and try sending arrears merge SMS. If this is successful, it means that your SMTP settings are incorrect. If you are not certain of what this setting is, contact your systems administrator.
If you have received an “error” or “failure” email, this could be one of three things:
1. “Cannot find User” is when the default email address of the user is not registered on your Rockend SMS Account. To add or amend a user, the Administrator should log into Rockend SMS and go to User Management to make necessary amendments or simply contact Edgility for Rockend SMS support.
2.”Failure Notice” is when you are experiencing a possible issue with your template or SMTP settings. Please refer to Im able to send individual messages to tenants and other individuals but I cannot send arrears merge messages section for details on how to fix.
3.”Message Recipient Not Specified” – check to ensure that you are using the correct arrears template in Rest Professional or that your template is the correct format. You can access your templates in servername RESTWord.
Here is a sample of a correct template – click here
It is recommended that you contact Rockend support if you are not certain of how to identify any obvious issues with your template.
Also, the mobile phone number field of your tenant file must be populated with only the recipients mobile number. Spaces in the number and other characters in this space will cause errors.
Rest clients can go to “Activities” file to view relevant sent logs.
Clarke clients would need to send messages from the “Masterfile”. Then go to “Activity File”.
Rest Users – Click here for instructions on how to update these setting in Rest. This does not apply to Mail merge messages from Rest. To change message headers for Mail Merge, changes will need to be made to your merge template.
Clarke Users – Click here for instructions on updating Clarke Settings.
Go to www.rockendsms.com.au and log in to your OnlineSMS account.
Go to Reports > Personal Reports and use the filters to display results. You are also able to view specific message details by click on the respective links.
Only account Administrators have the ability to view traffic reports for the overall account.
For Standard Users, your OnlineSMS account will report on only your messages sent from Rest/Clarke, EmailSMS and OnlineSMS.
Simply go to www.rockendsms.com.au and click onto the “Forgotten Password?” link which appears under the login area. Your username is your email address. Your password will be emailed to you shortly after.